The institute started functioning from 19th November2013. The main function of the institute is to conduct different types of skill development programmes.The institute is sponsored by Tripura Gramin Bank. The Bank has sponsored only one such institute in the state. District Level RSETI Advisory Committee (D.L.R.A.C.) is there to guide the functioning of the institute. The members of the committee are-
- District Magistrate of Sepahijala district. (Chairman)
- Chairman of Tripura Gramin Bank (Co Chairman)
- Project Director, D.R.D.A. (Additional District Magistrate)
- District Development Manager, NABARD
- Lead District Manager of Sepahijala district
- General Manager, District Industries Centre, Sepahijala
- Deputy Director, A.R.D.D. of Sepahijala district
- Cluster in charge, Sericulture department, Bishramganj division
- Deputy Director of Fisheries, Sepahijala district
- Programme officer of District Inspectorate of Social Education, Sepahijala district
- Deputy Director of Agriculture, Sepahijala district
- Deputy Director of Horticulture, Sepahijala district
The institute is guided by the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Rural Development (M.O.R.D.), Govt. of India time to time. Tripura Rural Livelihood Mission (T.R.L.M.) plays a vital role in the functioning of the institute. The institute is fully compliant to the standard operating procedure (S.O.P.) and Common Norms (C.N.) for the RSETIs. At present the institute is graded as ´AA´ as per grading of the financial year-2018-19. The Following are the details of the courses conducted by the institute.
The institute is presently running from a rent free accommodation. The land allotment proposal of the institute is at its final stage. Once the land is officially handed over, with the grant from Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India, a residential training institute will be built up.
One Director is appointed from the bank and the H.R. policy is already approved. The bank is working on recruitment of the rest of the personnel at the institute.
Eligible criteria for the self employment training and support services of the RSETIs are as under-
The target group for RSETI training is the unemployed rural youth in the age group of 18-45 years and who are able to read and write.
The candidate should have desire, aptitude and willingness to take up self employment after completion of the training.
In respect of Self help groups (SHG) members, sponsored to RSETI training by any Government agency/ Bank/NGO under any credit/assistance linked livelihood or enterprise promotion programme of the above organization, the eligibility criteria of the respective scheme would be the primary criteria for admitting them to RSETI training. The candidates undergoing training at RSETI in the training programme satisfying the following criteria under NRLM are considered as eligible trainees-
The target group for
- Members of BPL families
- Members of MGNREGA household with 35 days work in the previous year
- Candidates from SECC households’ deprivation/Auto included category.
- Candidates identified through participatory identification of poor (PIP) method and approved by gram panchayets.
- Candidates from a household with RSBY card wherein the details of the youth are mentioned.
- Youths from household who have been issued Antyodaya Yojna/ BPL PDS cards
- Youth from a household where a family member is a member of SHG under NRLM
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria as above and have more than 75 % attendance in the training course as evidenced in the relevant records maintained at RSETI and uploaded in the M.I.S. shall be eligible for training certificates
- Candidates who have passed the assessment and certification at the end of the training course by the empanelled assessment agency shall be eligible for training certificates (both H & I need to be fulfilled.